Perched on the River Fal Estuary, we recommend you do the circular walk from the car park, across the parklands, through the gardens and back to the house for a Cornish Cream Tea!
- Where: On the banks of the River Fal Estuary, between Truro and Falmouth in South Cornwall.
- When: Trelissick is open year round between 10.00am and 5.30pm.
- Cost: £30.50 for the family, £12.20 per adult and £6.10 for children or free with the National Trust annual membership!
- Who: Children, parents and grandparents can enjoy this stunning location whatever the weather!
- How long does it take: By the time you’ve strolled the gardens, wandered the house and taken an energetic hike through the woodland loop and then enjoyed a spot of lunch or cream tea in the cafe, you could spend a day at Trelissick!
- When’s best to go: The summer is our favourite time! The sun beams down on the River Fal making the deep blue water glisten. What a view!
Similarly to Lanhydrock, the Trelissick Estate comprises of swathes of grass parkland, a neo-classical House built in 1837 and beautiful gardens. The key difference is the views of the River Fal from several points around the estate.
Trelissick is the perfect location for those who enjoy a countryside stroll with the added bonus of some amazing coastal views towards Falmouth. The parkland offers the perfect setting for dog walking, kite flying or just a good old fashioned run in the long grass. We highly recommend the anti-clockwise walk from the car park, through the parkland and onto Trelissick beach before completing the loop with a stroll through the woodland trail and the short climb back up to the house.
After burning off all that energy, the cafe offers indoor and outside seating areas where you can enjoy cake, coffee, hot food and sandwiches. Trelissick offers a great family day out where you can enjoy the hidden magic of the turquoise waters that define the River Fal.
Trelissick truly is terrific come spring, summer, autumn and winter. We know you will want to go back for more so it’s well worth avoiding the entrance fees by investing in the National Trust Membership. This not only gives you access to Trelissick but every single National Trust Property across the UK!
If you are interested in more of our favourite venues in Cornwall take a look at our main article, the beauty of the National Trust in Cornwall.
We hope you enjoyed this article, and if you want to read more, do check out our other article categories.
Images courtesy of Trelissick.